Posts Tagged Chicago
“Piece of Cake” to have staged reading in Chicago
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Productions, Uncategorized on February 22, 2016
My short piece PIECE OF CAKE will have a staged reading in Chicago on March 19, as part of a whole show of short, wedding-related scripts.
The show “Cold Feet” is produced by Talif Productions and will be held at the Theatre Momentum Pendulum Space, 1803 West Byron, Suite 216, Chicago.
That’s a busy day for me: I’m have a staged reading in Virginia of my full-length script, 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE. I need a time-turner to make it to both places.
PIECE OF CAKE
A wedding cake gets mixed up with a cake where a scantily-clad woman pops out of the cake. Comedy ensues. Cast: Six, best as four female, two male, but could be three and three. Running time: Five minutes.
So far in 2016:
* January 2: Staged reading of RHONDA’S HIGH-CLASS ROADKILL CHILI (full-length) at Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* January 28: MAC AND BETH (one-act), Cascade Christian Schools, Puyallup, Washington.
* January 30: HIT THE BOOKS (one-act), Greater Sioux Falls Home Schools, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
* Feb 5: Staged reading of THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES (ten-minute plays) as radio play before live audience, Hoosier Hometown Live, Mitchell, Indiana.
* Feb. 12: JIMMY’S PLAN FOR WORLD DOMINATION (one-minute play), Curiosi-Tea House, Mankato, Minnesota.
* March 12: Staged reading of EXILED TO TEXAS, Roanoke Children’s Theatre, Roanoke, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE, Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of PIECE OF CAKE (five-minute piece), Talif Productions, Theatre Momentum Pendulum Space, Chicago.
* May 7-8: LETTERS FROM THE MONA LISA (ten-minute play), Jewel Box Theatre, Poulsbo, Washington.
Video: “The Black Market of Memories” in Chicago
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Productions, Uncategorized, Video on September 16, 2015
Otherworld Theatre in Chicago produced my script THE BLACK MARKET OF MEMORIES as part of the Paragon festival of science fiction plays on August 22. Here’s the video.
It was one of two of my scripts in the show; the other was THE SANDSTORM.
THE BLACK MARKET OF MEMORIES
A young woman wakes up in a strange place — and discovers she’s had her memories stolen. Now that doctors have devised a way to transplant memories, there’s a lively market for memories — and a black market of stolen ones. The woman shares a recovery room with another woman, who specializes in “customizing” memories — doing things for rich donors that they’d never do themselves, but would like to remember doing. A dark, serious piece, which is carried primarily by the two women; the other characters appear only intermittently. Cast: Five — one male, two female, two non-gender. Running time: Twenty five minutes.
* Produced by End Times Productions, New York, N.Y., July 2011.
* Produced by Otherworld Theatre, Chicago, Illinois, August 2015.
Poster for “Sweets to the Sweet” in Chicago
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Photos, Productions, Uncategorized on August 28, 2013
Here’s the post that the Gorilla Tango Theatre in Skokie, Illinois (Chicago ‘burbs!) is using for my show “Sweets to the Sweet.” This is a modern version of Hamlet, with a gender-reversed cast — so Hamlet becomes Hamlette, Ophelia becomes Phil and so forth.
Alas, in converting this from a pdf to a jpeg, the photo lost a lot of quality. I assure you the original is quite spectacular, with a woman’s pensive eyes looking out . . . presumably Hamlette herself.
Here’s a link to the PDF to see the better version . . .