My short piece PIECE OF CAKE will have a staged reading in Chicago on March 19, as part of a whole show of short, wedding-related scripts.
The show “Cold Feet” is produced by Talif Productions and will be held at the Theatre Momentum Pendulum Space, 1803 West Byron, Suite 216, Chicago.
That’s a busy day for me: I’m have a staged reading in Virginia of my full-length script, 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE. I need a time-turner to make it to both places.
PIECE OF CAKE
A wedding cake gets mixed up with a cake where a scantily-clad woman pops out of the cake. Comedy ensues. Cast: Six, best as four female, two male, but could be three and three. Running time: Five minutes.
So far in 2016:
* January 2: Staged reading of RHONDA’S HIGH-CLASS ROADKILL CHILI (full-length) at Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* January 28: MAC AND BETH (one-act), Cascade Christian Schools, Puyallup, Washington.
* January 30: HIT THE BOOKS (one-act), Greater Sioux Falls Home Schools, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
* Feb 5: Staged reading of THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES (ten-minute plays) as radio play before live audience, Hoosier Hometown Live, Mitchell, Indiana.
* Feb. 12: JIMMY’S PLAN FOR WORLD DOMINATION (one-minute play), Curiosi-Tea House, Mankato, Minnesota.
* March 12: Staged reading of EXILED TO TEXAS, Roanoke Children’s Theatre, Roanoke, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE, Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of PIECE OF CAKE (five-minute piece), Talif Productions, Theatre Momentum Pendulum Space, Chicago.
* May 7-8: LETTERS FROM THE MONA LISA (ten-minute play), Jewel Box Theatre, Poulsbo, Washington.