Posts Tagged piece of cake
“Piece of Cake” to have staged reading in Chicago
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Productions, Uncategorized on February 22, 2016
My short piece PIECE OF CAKE will have a staged reading in Chicago on March 19, as part of a whole show of short, wedding-related scripts.
The show “Cold Feet” is produced by Talif Productions and will be held at the Theatre Momentum Pendulum Space, 1803 West Byron, Suite 216, Chicago.
That’s a busy day for me: I’m have a staged reading in Virginia of my full-length script, 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE. I need a time-turner to make it to both places.
PIECE OF CAKE
A wedding cake gets mixed up with a cake where a scantily-clad woman pops out of the cake. Comedy ensues. Cast: Six, best as four female, two male, but could be three and three. Running time: Five minutes.
So far in 2016:
* January 2: Staged reading of RHONDA’S HIGH-CLASS ROADKILL CHILI (full-length) at Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* January 28: MAC AND BETH (one-act), Cascade Christian Schools, Puyallup, Washington.
* January 30: HIT THE BOOKS (one-act), Greater Sioux Falls Home Schools, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
* Feb 5: Staged reading of THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES (ten-minute plays) as radio play before live audience, Hoosier Hometown Live, Mitchell, Indiana.
* Feb. 12: JIMMY’S PLAN FOR WORLD DOMINATION (one-minute play), Curiosi-Tea House, Mankato, Minnesota.
* March 12: Staged reading of EXILED TO TEXAS, Roanoke Children’s Theatre, Roanoke, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE, Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of PIECE OF CAKE (five-minute piece), Talif Productions, Theatre Momentum Pendulum Space, Chicago.
* May 7-8: LETTERS FROM THE MONA LISA (ten-minute play), Jewel Box Theatre, Poulsbo, Washington.