Posts Tagged Indiana
Here’s video of my ten-minute script THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES being done as a radio play before a live audience in Mitchell, Indiana on Feb. 5.
Another script of mine, CHICAGO DREAM, was also on the bill but the program ran long so the last four pieces were cut — one of which was CHICAGO DREAM. I’m told it’s likely to be on the bill for the May installment of “Hoosier Hometown Live.”
This was the sixth production of the script:
THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES
A father reads his daughter a fairy tale as a bedtime story — which the characters begin to act out. The girl doesn’t like how the story is going — no strong female role models, for instance — so she changes it all around. This is the result. Cast: Five — three males, two females. Running time: Eight minutes.
* Produced by the Paw Paw Village Players, Paw Paw, Michigan, Feb. 15-16, 22-23, 2008.
* Produced by Youth Education on Stage Summer Shorts, Williston, North Dakota, June 24-26, 2008.
* Produced by Subversive Theatre, Buffalo, N.Y., various nights between May 2-17, 2009.
* Produced by Play’n’Well Players, Plainview, Michigan, last weekend of May 2009.
* Produced by Jeonju Players, Jeonju, South Korea, December 2014
* Produced as script-in-hand radio play by Hoosier Hometown Live, Mitchell, Indiana, Feb. 5, 2016.
Joy to the world! I got word today that the Mockingbird Players in Columbia City, Indiana will produce my Christmas one-act LET THERE BE LIGHTS! on December 19 and 20, 2014.
This will be the first production of that script:
LET THERE BE LIGHTS!
Two neighbors plot to see who can put on the biggest display of Christmas lights, with comical, and catastrophic, results. Cast: Eight — two adult males, two adult females, two teen-age males, two teen-age females. Running time: 30 minutes.
And here’s a list of upcoming productions:
* September 18, 19,20, 25, 26, 27: CAN I?, five-minute script in Asphalt Jungle Shorts XI, Kitchener, Ontario.
* September 22-24: SOMETIMES ELEPHANTS DIE STANDING UP, ten-minute play, Ghost Dog Productions, The Horse and Stables, London, UK.
* November 7, 8, 14, 15, 22, and 23: DEMOTING PLUTO, one-act, Short Science Play Showcase at the Explora Science Center and Children’s Museum, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
And here’s a partial list of productions this year: