Posts Tagged California
“Follow The Money: A Modern Fairy Tale” to be produced in California
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Productions, Uncategorized on July 29, 2015
My short one-act FOLLOW THE MONEY: A MODERN FAIRY TALE is being produced August 7 in Davis, California at a theatre camp that I believe is connected with the University of California-Davis (at least the director is, I know that much).
This will be the second production of that script, which won an audience award the first time out:
FOLLOW THE MONEY: A MODERN FAIRY TALE
A precocious youth attempts to find the secret to the tooth fairy — by kidnapping her. Where do all those teeth come from? And the money? Cast: Six — two female, four male. Running time: Fifteen minutes.
* Produced at New Voices Play Festival, Old Opera House Theatre, Charles Town, W.Va., June 2013; voted best in show by audience vote.
You can find photos from that show here and more here.
Also: There’ll be an encore production of THE SKY IS FALLING in Mankato, Minnesota on August 25.
So far in 2015: Read the rest of this entry »
“The Sky is Falling” to be produced in California in September
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Productions, Uncategorized on July 30, 2014
My ten-minute script THE SKY IS FALLING will be produced September 6 in Lagunitas, California (Marin County, just north of San Francisco) by a troupe with the wonderful name Piano Fight Productions.
It’s part of an outdoors show called “Roughin’ It,” although it can’t be too rough because it’s at the Paradise Healing Center, which is said to be “overlooking golden hills and nestled in the forest of West Marin.” Sounds pretty tranquil to me!
Here’s the synopsis. Note that it includes a rap song!
THE SKY IS FALLING
Two squirrels conduct an experiment, dropping things off a powerline. The result: Chicken Little gets hit on the head and thinks the sky is falling. Comedy — and a rap song — ensue. Cast: Five – 1 male, 1 female, 3 non-gender. Running time: Ten minutes.
It joins this list of upcoming productions:
* August 1-3: THE OTHER SIDE OF OZ, full-length script, Backyard Theatre, Billings, Montana.
* August 16: THE FACE ON MARS, ten-minute play, Suffield Players, Suffield, Connecticut
* September 6: THE SKY IS FALLING, ten-minute play, Piano Fight Productions, Lagunitas (Marin County), California.
* September 22-24, SOMETIMES ELEPHANTS DIE STANDING UP, ten-minute play, Ghost Dog Productions, The Horse and Stables, London, UK.
* November 7, 8, 14, 15, 22, and 23: A MARTIAN WESTERN and DEMOTING PLUTO, one-acts, Short Science Play Showcase at the Explora Science Center and Children’s Museum, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
And here’s a partial list of productions this year: