Posts Tagged Piano Fight
“The Sky is Falling” to be produced in California in September
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Productions, Uncategorized on July 30, 2014
My ten-minute script THE SKY IS FALLING will be produced September 6 in Lagunitas, California (Marin County, just north of San Francisco) by a troupe with the wonderful name Piano Fight Productions.
It’s part of an outdoors show called “Roughin’ It,” although it can’t be too rough because it’s at the Paradise Healing Center, which is said to be “overlooking golden hills and nestled in the forest of West Marin.” Sounds pretty tranquil to me!
Here’s the synopsis. Note that it includes a rap song!
THE SKY IS FALLING
Two squirrels conduct an experiment, dropping things off a powerline. The result: Chicken Little gets hit on the head and thinks the sky is falling. Comedy — and a rap song — ensue. Cast: Five – 1 male, 1 female, 3 non-gender. Running time: Ten minutes.
It joins this list of upcoming productions:
* August 1-3: THE OTHER SIDE OF OZ, full-length script, Backyard Theatre, Billings, Montana.
* August 16: THE FACE ON MARS, ten-minute play, Suffield Players, Suffield, Connecticut
* September 6: THE SKY IS FALLING, ten-minute play, Piano Fight Productions, Lagunitas (Marin County), California.
* September 22-24, SOMETIMES ELEPHANTS DIE STANDING UP, ten-minute play, Ghost Dog Productions, The Horse and Stables, London, UK.
* November 7, 8, 14, 15, 22, and 23: A MARTIAN WESTERN and DEMOTING PLUTO, one-acts, Short Science Play Showcase at the Explora Science Center and Children’s Museum, Albuquerque, New Mexico.
And here’s a partial list of productions this year: