My short one-act FOLLOW THE MONEY: A MODERN FAIRY TALE is being produced August 7 in Davis, California at a theatre camp that I believe is connected with the University of California-Davis (at least the director is, I know that much).
This will be the second production of that script, which won an audience award the first time out:
FOLLOW THE MONEY: A MODERN FAIRY TALE
A precocious youth attempts to find the secret to the tooth fairy — by kidnapping her. Where do all those teeth come from? And the money? Cast: Six — two female, four male. Running time: Fifteen minutes.
* Produced at New Voices Play Festival, Old Opera House Theatre, Charles Town, W.Va., June 2013; voted best in show by audience vote.
Also: There’ll be an encore production of THE SKY IS FALLING in Mankato, Minnesota on August 25.
So far in 2015:
* Jan. 3: Staged reading of MISS COW PIE BINGO (full-length), Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* Feb. 6: Production of MACBETH GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), Gull Lake High School, Richland, Michigan
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of 39 HOURS IN THE SOVIET CITY OF ROSES (full-length), Poetic Theater Productions, New York, N.Y.
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of three short pieces: CHERRY POP TARTS, MY CRIMSON LOVE and LUST, at Garfield Center for the Arts, Chestertown, Maryland.
* Feb. 25: Staged reading of THE RING (one-act) and CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25: Staged reading of THE BREAK-IN (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25-27: Production of HAMLET GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), High Meadows School, Roswell, Georgia.
* May 1: Production of THE MONKEY AT THE WEDDING (one-act), Acton-Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, Acton, Massachusetts. (Won four awards in competition, including best actor and best actress.)
* May 1: Short film KISS MY ASHES GOODBYE wins audience prize at Bike Shorts Film Festival, Roanoke, Virginia.
* May 5: Production of SLAM POETRY and THE ONLINE AFFAIR (one-minute plays) in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival, Leeds, UK.
* June 11, 12 and 13th: THERE ARE NO CELLPHONES IN SHAKESPEARE and AN UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival in New York.
* June 12: AN UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY, THE FOUNTAIN OF TOO MUCH YOUTH, THE LITTLE RED HEN THINKS BIG, in #NextGen, the youth version of the Gone in 60 Seconds Festival in New York.
* July 16: THE SKY IS FALLING (ten-minute script), Picnic in the Park Local Talent Variety Show, Mankato, Minnesota.
* July 18: DEEP INTO OCTOBER and FIREBALLER, by Synergy Energy Theater, Deer Park, New York.
* August 7: FOLLOW THE MONEY: A MODERN FAIRY TALE, at theatre camp, Davis, California.
* August 25: Encore production of THE SKY IS FALLING (ten-minute script), Picnic in the Park Local Talent Variety Show, Mankato, Minnesota.
* July/August/September/October: THE ONE-WORD MACBETH, Pop Culture Theatre, Melbourne, Australia. (July 25-26 in the Mount Players One-Act Play Festival in Macedon; Aug. 8-9 in the South Gippsland One-Act Play Festival (FMDA) in Foster; Sept. 4-6 in Kyneton’s Festival of One-Act Plays in Kyneton, and a date TBA in October in Melbourne.
* August 22: THE BLACK MARKET OF MEMORIES (one-act) and THE SANDSTORM (ten-minute), in the Paragon Science Fiction and Fantasy Play Festival, Otherworld Theatre, Chicago.