Two of my short plays were performed at the British version of the Gone in 60 Seconds Festival of one-minute plays on May 5 in Leeds.
They were SLAM POETRY and THE ONLINE AFFAIR.
Two guys misunderstood, and think a poetry slam is where you slam poets into the ground as in a wrestling match. Physical comedy ensues. Cast: Three — two males, one non-gender. Running time: One minute.
THE ONLINE AFFAIR
A man and a woman – either husband and wife, or boyfriend and girlfriend – are sitting near each other, each texting on their phones. Except each thinks they’re texting to a secret online lover, when, in fact, they’re unknowingly texting each other. Cast: Two – one male, one female – or four – two male, two female.
Here’s the whole show. SLAM POETRY comes on at 7:26 and THE ONLINE AFFAIR is at 49:54.
So far in 2015:
* Jan. 3: Staged reading of MISS COW PIE BINGO (full-length), Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* Feb. 6: Production of MACBETH GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), Gull Lake High School, Richland, Michigan
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of 39 HOURS IN THE SOVIET CITY OF ROSES (full-length), Poetic Theater Productions, New York, N.Y.
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of three short pieces: CHERRY POP TARTS, MY CRIMSON LOVE and LUST, at Garfield Center for the Arts, Chestertown, Maryland.
* Feb. 25: Staged reading of THE RING (one-act) and CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25: Staged reading of THE BREAK-IN (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25-27: Production of HAMLET GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), High Meadows School, Roswell, Georgia.
* May 1: Production of THE MONKEY AT THE WEDDING (one-act), Acton-Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, Acton, Massachusetts. (Won four awards in competition, including best actor and best actress.)
* May 1: Short film KISS MY ASHES GOODBYE wins audience prize at Bike Shorts Film Festival, Roanoke, Virginia.
* May 5: Production of SLAM POETRY and THE ONLINE AFFAIR (one-minute plays) in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival, Leeds, UK.
* Summer: THE ONE-WORD MACBETH, Pop Culture Theatre, Melbourne, Australia.