Two of my one-minute plays will be produced in June at the U.S. version of the annual Gone in 60 Seconds Festival of one-minute plays. They will be June 11-13 at Brooklyn College in New York.
I also had two different pieces produced in the British edition of the same festival in early May. (See photos and video here.)
The two pieces in New York will be THERE ARE NO CELLPHONES IN SHAKESPEARE and THE UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY.
THERE ARE NO CELLPHONES IN SHAKESPEARE
A director does to an audience member with a cellphone what a lot of directors would surely like to do. Cast: Four, non-gender.
AN UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY
Some mice found one of their fellows dead in a mousetrap. What to do, oh what to do? What else? Eat the cheese! Cast: Four, non-gender. Running time: One minute.
So far in 2015:
* Jan. 3: Staged reading of MISS COW PIE BINGO (full-length), Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* Feb. 6: Production of MACBETH GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), Gull Lake High School, Richland, Michigan
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of 39 HOURS IN THE SOVIET CITY OF ROSES (full-length), Poetic Theater Productions, New York, N.Y.
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of three short pieces: CHERRY POP TARTS, MY CRIMSON LOVE and LUST, at Garfield Center for the Arts, Chestertown, Maryland.
* Feb. 25: Staged reading of THE RING (one-act) and CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25: Staged reading of THE BREAK-IN (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25-27: Production of HAMLET GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), High Meadows School, Roswell, Georgia.
* May 1: Production of THE MONKEY AT THE WEDDING (one-act), Acton-Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, Acton, Massachusetts. (Won four awards in competition, including best actor and best actress.)
* May 1: Short film KISS MY ASHES GOODBYE wins audience prize at Bike Shorts Film Festival, Roanoke, Virginia.
* May 5: Production of SLAM POETRY and THE ONLINE AFFAIR (one-minute plays) in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival, Leeds, UK.
* June 11, 12 and 13th: THERE ARE NO CELLPHONES IN SHAKESPEARE and THE UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival in New York.
* July/August: THE ONE-WORD MACBETH, Pop Culture Theatre, Melbourne, Australia.