Posts Tagged radio theatre
Seattle radio station produces more of my scripts as radio plays
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Productions, Radio plays, Uncategorized on February 19, 2013
Falcon Radio Theatre on KSPU.org — affiliated with Seattle Pacific University — has been producing, well, a bunch of my scripts as radio plays.
Here are some that the group did before I started listening in.
* On January 17, 2013, Falcon produced my one-act “The Angel of Brooklyn”.
The script deals with a Brooklyn Dodgers fan who swore never again pay attention to baseball until his team was back home. Now, in his old age, an angel shows up to release him from that vow.
This was the third performance. The production history:
* Produced by Hovey Players, Summer Arts Festival, Waltham, Mass., July 2005. The Boston Globe called the show “hilarious and sweet.”
* Staged reading at Studio Roanoke, Roanoke, Va., April 2009 (the first piece ever performed in that theatre).
* Produced as radio play by Falcon Radio Theatre, KSPU, Seattle Pacific University, January 17, 2013.
* On January 24, 2013, Falcon produced my ten-minute script “God and the Devil Meet for a Business Lunch”.
This was the third time the script has been performed; the fifth if you count a five-minute cutting.
Here’s the production history:
* Five-minute version done as staged reading at No Shame Theatre, Roanoke, Va., August 2004
* Five-minute version done as staged reading at No Shame Theatre, Roanoke, Va., October 2004 as part of The Best of No Shame.
* Ten-minute version produced as video by Homespun Productions, broadcast on Channel 18, Sacramento, California, October 2005. (You can see that video here.)
* Ten-minute version performed as classroom presentation, Averett College, Danville, Va., Dec. 3, 2007.
* Produced as radio play by Falcon Radio Theatre, KSPU, Seattle Pacific University, January 24, 2013.
I have several “God and the Devil” pieces, mostly in the 5-to-10 minute range. Here’s video of “God and the Devil Debate the Issues.”
I previously posted what Falcon Radio Theatre produced of mine on January 31 (the one-act “Occupations” and a short piece) and on February 7 (the one-act “Lucy” and some shorter pieces.)
Now we’re all caught up!
Seattle radio station produces four more of my scripts as radio plays
Posted by Dwayne Yancey in News, Productions, Radio plays, Uncategorized on February 9, 2013
A Seattle Internet radio station — KSPU, affiliated with Seattle Pacific University — has produced four more of my scripts as radio plays.
This is the second week in a row that Falcon Radio Theatre has done some of my work, and this time I got the whole hour.
I’m big in Seattle!
The scripts that were done Feb. 7 were:
* “Lucy,” a one-act about the devil, that’s been previously produced in Virginia and Maine.
* “Somewhere Tonight, the Last Washington Senators’ Game Plays On,” a ten-minute play about baseball that was produced for the first time.
* “The Liberal Arts Pirates,” a five-minute piece about career counseling that was a favorite when it was first done at No Shame Theatre in Roanoke, Virginia.
* “The Secret Lives of Goldfish: Pirates!,” a five-minute piece in my series of goldfish shorts.
Here’s what Falcon Radio Theatre did last week.
You can tune in (can you still say tune in if it’s Internet radio?) on Thursday at 7 p.m. Pacific time — 10 p.m. for us East Coasters — at kspu.org.