Posts Tagged chestertown
Here are some photos from a rehearsal of my 10-minute play THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES, being produced over three weekends in June and July at the Garfield Center in Chestertown, Maryland.
More photos below.
Three of my short pieces were performed as staged readings at the Garfield Center for the Arts in Chestertown, Maryland on Feb. 13, 2015 as part of the center’s Valentine’s weekend event.
Specifically, it was an event for the reading of erotic poetry.
My pieces — CHERRY POP TARTS, MY CRIMSON LOVE and LUST — aren’t poetry. But they are monologues. Whether they qualify as erotic, well, I guess tastes vary, eh?
Get your mind out of the gutter. CHERRY POP TARTS really is about the breakfast pastry. MY CRIMSON LOVE is about a Norway maple. And LUST, well, LUST really is about LUST — one of the pieces from the ten-minute script called THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS: THE MONOLOGUES.
Coincidentally, these were performed the same night that I had a staged reading of one of my full-length scripts in New York: Poetic Theater Productions did a reading of my dark play about Chernobyl, 39 HOURS IN THE SOVIET CITY OF ROSES.
* March 19: Staged reading of SOFTBALL IS LIFE, Sundog Theatre, New York, N.Y.
So far in 2015:
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of 39 HOURS IN THE SOVIET CITY OF ROSES, Poetic Theater Productions, New York, N.Y.
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of three short pieces: CHERRY POP TARTS, MY CRIMSON LOVE and LUST, at Garfield Center for the Arts, Chestertown, Maryland.
* Feb. 6: Production of MACBETH GOES HOLLYWOOD, Gull Lake High School, Richland, Michigan.
* Jan. 3: Staged reading of MISS COW PIE BINGO, Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
The Garfield Center for the Arts in Chestertown, Maryland produced my 10-minute script “The Mermaid’s Tattoo” as part of the theatre’s Short Attention Span festival of 10-minute plays.
The festival ran June 22-July 1.
Here’s a promotional video that has part of the show, plus some still photos.