Otherworld Theatre in Chicago produced my script THE SANDSTORM as part of the Paragon festival of science fiction plays on August 22. Here’s the video.
It was one of two of my scripts in the show; the other was THE BLACK MARKET OF MEMORIES.
A dark vision from the last days of Mars. A local official in charge of building canals instead diverts some of the money to build an underground library to store his civilization’s artifacts because he knows Mars is doomed. Cast: Two non-gender. Running time: Seven or eight minutes.
So far in 2015:
* Jan. 3: Staged reading of MISS COW PIE BINGO (full-length), Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* Feb. 6: Production of MACBETH GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), Gull Lake High School, Richland, Michigan
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of 39 HOURS IN THE SOVIET CITY OF ROSES (full-length), Poetic Theater Productions, New York, N.Y.
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of three short pieces: CHERRY POP TARTS, MY CRIMSON LOVE and LUST, at Garfield Center for the Arts, Chestertown, Maryland.
* Feb. 25: Staged reading of THE RING (one-act) and CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25: Staged reading of THE BREAK-IN (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25-27: Production of HAMLET GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), High Meadows School, Roswell, Georgia.
* May 1: Production of THE MONKEY AT THE WEDDING (one-act), Acton-Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, Acton, Massachusetts. (Won four awards in competition, including best actor and best actress.)
* May 1: Short film KISS MY ASHES GOODBYE wins audience prize at Bike Shorts Film Festival, Roanoke, Virginia.
* May 5: Production of SLAM POETRY and THE ONLINE AFFAIR (one-minute plays) in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival, Leeds, UK.
* June 11, 12 and 13th: THERE ARE NO CELLPHONES IN SHAKESPEARE and AN UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival in New York.
* June 12: AN UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY, THE FOUNTAIN OF TOO MUCH YOUTH, THE LITTLE RED HEN THINKS BIG, in #NextGen, the youth version of the Gone in 60 Seconds Festival in New York.
* July 16: THE SKY IS FALLING (ten-minute script), Picnic in the Park Local Talent Variety Show, Mankato, Minnesota.
* July 18: DEEP INTO OCTOBER and FIREBALLER, by Synergy Energy Theater, Deer Park, New York.
* August 7: FOLLOW THE MONEY: A MODERN FAIRY TALE, at theatre camp, Davis, California.
* July/August/September/October: THE ONE-WORD MACBETH, Pop Culture Theatre, Melbourne, Australia. (July 25-26 in the Mount Players One-Act Play Festival in Macedon; Aug. 8-9 in the South Gippsland One-Act Play Festival (FMDA) in Foster; Sept. 4-6 in Kyneton’s Festival of One-Act Plays in Kyneton, and a date TBA in October in Melbourne.
* August 22: THE BLACK MARKET OF MEMORIES (one-act) and THE SANDSTORM (ten-minute), in the Paragon Science Fiction and Fantasy Play Festival, Otherworld Theatre, Chicago.
* August 25: Encore production of THE SKY IS FALLING (ten-minute script), Picnic in the Park Local Talent Variety Show, Mankato, Minnesota.
* Sept. 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26: THREE TREES TALKING and THE WEAKEST FINGER (short scripts), Asphalt Jungle Shorts, walking-tour theatre festival in Kitchener, Ontario.
* December: ON THE THIRTEENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS, First Avenue Playhouse in Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey.
* December: Various Christmas shorts TBA, Theunissen High School, Freestate, South Africa