Posts Tagged Acton-Boxborough Regional High School
My one-act THE MONKEY AT THE WEDDING had its debut on May 1 at Acton-Boxborough Regional High School in Acton, Massachusetts.
This was part of a festival and I’m told the production won four prizes. The actress playing Fatima won best actress; the actor playing Bobo the Monkey won best actor, plus there were firsts for best make-up and “best slap.”
Yes, that kind of slap!
Of note: The Fatima character was one I added in a re-write when the director said she had 13 people audition for 12 parts but felt bad about leaving someone out — so that re-write clearly paid off. The actor who won best actor — his part had no lines!
Photos to come.
Here’s a previous post about the show.
So far in 2015:
* Jan. 3: Staged reading of MISS COW PIE BINGO (full-length), Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* Feb. 6: Production of MACBETH GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), Gull Lake High School, Richland, Michigan
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of 39 HOURS IN THE SOVIET CITY OF ROSES (full-length), Poetic Theater Productions, New York, N.Y.
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of three short pieces: CHERRY POP TARTS, MY CRIMSON LOVE and LUST, at Garfield Center for the Arts, Chestertown, Maryland.
* Feb. 25: Staged reading of THE RING (one-act) and CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25: Staged reading of THE BREAK-IN (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25-27: Production of HAMLET GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), High Meadows School, Roswell, Georgia.
* May 1: Production of THE MONKEY AT THE WEDDING (one-act), Acton-Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, Acton, Massachusetts. (Won four awards in competition, including best actor and best actress.)
* May 1: Short film KISS MY ASHES GOODBYE wins audience prize at Bike Shorts Film Festival, Roanoke, Virginia.
* Summer: THE ONE-WORD MACBETH, Pop Culture Theatre, Melbourne, Australia.