Two of my short scripts will be produced in the Gone in 60 Seconds Festival of one-minute plays, which will be held June 9-11 at Brooklyn College in New York.
The scripts are the comedy THE BIGFOOT SIGHTING and the more somber A MOMENT OF SILENCE.
If you’re counting, and I am, that means already this year I’ve had (or soon will have) productions in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles. I’ve been fortunate to have had scripts in this festival for several years running now.
Curiously, both of my scripts accepted this year deal with television news:
THE BIGFOOT SIGHTING
A TV reporter interviews a professor, who doubts the existence of Bigfoot, even though one is jumping around all over the stage. Cast: Three or more – one male, two or more non-gender.
A MOMENT OF SILENCE
A minister presides over a moment of silence following some tragedy. Except there is no silence, because of all the TV news crews talking. Cast: Four, all non-gender.
You can find the full list of scripts in this year’s festival here.
So far in 2016:
* January 2: Staged reading of RHONDA’S HIGH-CLASS ROADKILL CHILI (full-length) at Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* January 28: MAC AND BETH (one-act), Cascade Christian Schools, Puyallup, Washington.
* January 30: HIT THE BOOKS (one-act), Greater Sioux Falls Home Schools, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
* Feb 5: Staged reading of THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES (ten-minute plays) as radio play before live audience, Hoosier Hometown Live, Mitchell, Indiana.
* Feb. 12: JIMMY’S PLAN FOR WORLD DOMINATION (one-minute play), Curiosi-Tea House, Mankato, Minnesota.
* Feb. 24: Staged reading of LARRY’S PLAN TO GET OUT OF DOING YARDWORK (five-minute), Readers Repertory Theatre, Los Angeles.
* Feb. 25: Staged reading of JILL AND THE BEANSTALK (one-act), Mitchell Community Public Library, Mitchell, Indiana.
* March 12: Staged reading of EXILED TO TEXAS, Roanoke Children’s Theatre, Roanoke, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE, Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of PIECE OF CAKE (five-minute piece), Talif Productions, Theatre Momentum Pendulum Space, Chicago.
* April 22-24: CHEF PIERRE DOES NOT DO SIMPLE (ten-minute play), Dover Little Theatre, Dover, New Jersey.
* April 26: Staged reading of CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute play), Readers Theatre Repertory at San Pedro, Los Angeles.
* May 7-8: LETTERS FROM THE MONA LISA (ten-minute play), Jewel Box Theatre, Poulsbo, Washington.
* June 9-11: THE BIGFOOT SIGHTING and A MOMENT OF SILENCE (one-minute plays), Gone in 60 Seconds Festival, New York, NY.