This just in: Seton Hall University in New Jersey will produce my Christmas one-act LET THERE BE LIGHTS on December 15.
This will be the first production. A theatre in Indiana was supposed to do it last winter but the production never came off.
LET THERE BE LIGHTS!
Two neighbors plot to see who can put on the biggest display of Christmas lights, with comical, and catastrophic, results. Cast: Eight — two adult males, two adult females, two teen-age males, two teen-age females. Running time: 30 minutes.
So far in 2015:
* Jan. 3: Staged reading of MISS COW PIE BINGO (full-length), Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* Feb. 6: Production of MACBETH GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), Gull Lake High School, Richland, Michigan
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of 39 HOURS IN THE SOVIET CITY OF ROSES (full-length), Poetic Theater Productions, New York, N.Y.
* Feb. 13: Staged reading of three short pieces: CHERRY POP TARTS, MY CRIMSON LOVE and LUST, at Garfield Center for the Arts, Chestertown, Maryland.
* Feb. 25: Staged reading of THE RING (one-act) and CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25: Staged reading of THE BREAK-IN (five-minute play), The Readers Repertory Theatre of San Pedro, Los Angeles, California.
* March 25-27: Production of HAMLET GOES HOLLYWOOD (long one-act), High Meadows School, Roswell, Georgia.
* May 1: Production of THE MONKEY AT THE WEDDING (one-act), Acton-Acton-Boxborough Regional High School, Acton, Massachusetts. (Won four awards in competition, including best actor and best actress.)
* May 1: Short film KISS MY ASHES GOODBYE wins audience prize at Bike Shorts Film Festival, Roanoke, Virginia.
* May 5: Production of SLAM POETRY and THE ONLINE AFFAIR (one-minute plays) in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival, Leeds, UK.
* June 11, 12 and 13th: THERE ARE NO CELLPHONES IN SHAKESPEARE and AN UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY in Gone in 60 Seconds Festival in New York.
* June 12: AN UNEXPECTED CHEESE PARTY, THE FOUNTAIN OF TOO MUCH YOUTH, THE LITTLE RED HEN THINKS BIG, in #NextGen, the youth version of the Gone in 60 Seconds Festival in New York.
* July 16: THE SKY IS FALLING (ten-minute script), Picnic in the Park Local Talent Variety Show, Mankato, Minnesota.
* July 18: DEEP INTO OCTOBER and FIREBALLER, by Synergy Energy Theater, Deer Park, New York.
* August 7: FOLLOW THE MONEY: A MODERN FAIRY TALE, at theatre camp, Davis, California.
* July/August/September/October: THE ONE-WORD MACBETH, Pop Culture Theatre, Melbourne, Australia. (July 25-26 in the Mount Players One-Act Play Festival in Macedon; Aug. 8-9 in the South Gippsland One-Act Play Festival (FMDA) in Foster; Sept. 4-6 in Kyneton’s Festival of One-Act Plays in Kyneton, and Oct. 17 in Melbourne.
* August 22: THE BLACK MARKET OF MEMORIES (one-act) and THE SANDSTORM (ten-minute), in the Paragon Science Fiction and Fantasy Play Festival, Otherworld Theatre, Chicago.
* August 25: Encore production of THE SKY IS FALLING (ten-minute script), Picnic in the Park Local Talent Variety Show, Mankato, Minnesota.
* Sept. 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, 26: THREE TREES TALKING and THE WEAKEST FINGER (short scripts), Asphalt Jungle Shorts, walking-tour theatre festival in Kitchener, Ontario.
* Nov. 13-Dec 14: DEATH BY POINSETTIA (one-act), Studio C, Hollywood, California.
* Nov. 13: CODE 40 VERONA (one-act), Redwood Christian Schools, San Lorenzo, California.
* Nov. 18: CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute piece), Readers Theatre Repertory of San Pedro, Los Angeles.
* December 4-19: ON THE THIRTEENTH DAY OF CHRISTMAS (full-length), First Avenue Playhouse, Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey.
* December 5: Staged reading of THE CHRISTMAS GOAT (ten-minute), Arts Resources for the Tri-State, Huntington, West Virginia.
* December 5: HIT THE BOOKS (one-act), Girard High School, Girard, Kansas.
* December 5: THE FRUITCAKE (one-act), Back Street Players, Hanover, Illinois
* December 11-13: THIS IS ANGEL O’LORD REPORTING and JOY TO OTHER WORLDS (five-minute scripts), Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* December 14: THE FRUITCAKE (one-act), Lockwood High School, Lockwood, Missouri
* December 15: LET THERE BE LIGHTS! (one-act), Seton Hall University, Seton Hall, New Jersey.
* January 2, 2016: Staged reading of RHONDA’S HIGH-CLASS ROADKILL CHILI (full-length) at Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* January 28, 2016: MAC AND BETH (one-act), Cascade Christian Schools, Pyallup, Washington, January 28, 2016.