Got word this weekend that my ten-minute script LETTERS FROM THE MONA LISA will be produced May 7-8 at the Jewel Box Theatre in Poulsbo, Washington.
From the artistic director: “We received over 100 entries for our first festival from all over the United States and Canada and were very pleased, and entertained, by the responses. In fact, both of your submitted plays were in our top 20.”
Here’s the synopsis of the script. Not sure yet which ending they’re using:
LETTERS FROM THE MONA LISA
The woman in the famous painting comes to life and speaks to a security guard at the Louvre museum. He persuades her to write a letter to one of her fans. Cast: Two to four, depending on which ending you choose. The basic cast is 1 male, 1 female, with the male envisioned as older and the female capable of portraying the Mona Lisa. Some of the optional endings add 1 female and 1boy. Running time: 10 minutes.
Here’s the current list of my 2016 productions:
* January 2, 2016: Staged reading of RHONDA’S HIGH-CLASS ROADKILL CHILI (full-length) at Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* January 28, 2016: MAC AND BETH (one-act), Cascade Christian Schools, Puyallup, Washington.
* January 30, 2016: HIT THE BOOKS (one-act), Greater Sioux Falls Home Schools, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
* Feb 5: Staged reading of THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES (ten-minute plays) as radio play before live audience, Hoosier Hometown Live, Mitchell, Indiana.
* Feb. 12: JIMMY’S PLAN FOR WORLD DOMINATION (one-minute play), Curiosi-Tea House, Mankato, Minnesota.
* March 19, 2016: Staged reading of 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE, Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia.
* May 7-8: LETTERS FROM THE MONA LISA (ten-minute play), Jewel Box Theatre, Poulsbo, Washington.