I’m about to get produced in Ireland for the first time. My very short play A CHALKBOARD SCRIBBLED IN BLOOD has been selected for a festival there in November.
The festival is run by Rabbit’s Riot Theatre Company. The theme is “Our Generation,” and features 15 “tiny plays” on that theme. Sadly, mine fits because it’s about a school shooting. I wrote it the night of the Sandy Hook school shooting in 2012.
The productions will be November 6-8 in Sligo and November 9 in Manorhamilton. Both locations are in northwest Ireland.
* January 2: Staged reading of RHONDA’S HIGH-CLASS ROADKILL CHILI (full-length) at Showtimers, Roanoke, Virginia.
* January 28: MAC AND BETH (one-act), Cascade Christian Schools, Puyallup, Washington.
* January 30: HIT THE BOOKS (one-act), Greater Sioux Falls Home Schools, Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
* Feb 5: Staged reading of THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES (ten-minute plays) as radio play before live audience, Hoosier Hometown Live, Mitchell, Indiana.
* Feb. 12: JIMMY’S PLAN FOR WORLD DOMINATION (one-minute play), Curiosi-Tea House, Mankato, Minnesota.
* Feb. 24: Staged reading of LARRY’S PLAN TO GET OUT OF DOING YARDWORK (five-minute), Readers Repertory Theatre, Los Angeles.
* Feb. 25: Staged reading of JILL AND THE BEANSTALK (one-act), Mitchell Community Public Library, Mitchell, Indiana.
* March 12: Staged reading of EXILED TO TEXAS, Roanoke Children’s Theatre, Roanoke, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of 57 HOURS IN THE HOUSE OF CULTURE, Sweet Briar College, Sweet Briar, Virginia.
* March 19: Staged reading of PIECE OF CAKE (five-minute piece), Talif Productions, Theatre Momentum Pendulum Space, Chicago.
* April 22-24: CHEF PIERRE DOES NOT DO SIMPLE (ten-minute play), Dover Little Theatre, Dover, New Jersey.
* April 26: Staged reading of CAT ON TRIAL (five-minute play), Readers Theatre Repertory at San Pedro, Los Angeles.
* May 7-8: LETTERS FROM THE MONA LISA (ten-minute play), Jewel Box Theatre, Poulsbo, Washington.
* June 9-11: THE BIGFOOT SIGHTING and A MOMENT OF SILENCE (one-minute plays), Gone in 60 Seconds Festival, New York, NY.
* June 24-26, July 1-3, 8-10: THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES (ten-minute play), Garfield Center, Chestertown, Maryland.
* July 8-9: THE ZOOKEEPER’S ARM, 10-minute play produced in “Overnight Sensations,” a 24-hour play project run by Hollins University and Mill Mountain Theatre, Roanoke, Virginia.
* July 11: Staged reading of SOFTBALL IS LIFE, Endstation Theatre, Lynchburg, Virginia.
* July 21: Staged reading of SOMEWHERE TONIGHT, THE WASHINGTON SENATORS LAST GAME PLAYS ON, Chincoteague Theatre Company, Chincoteague, Virginia.
* July 23-24: Staged reading of A ZOMBIE CHRISTMAS (one-act), Princeton Theatre, Princeton, Illinois.
* August 5-7, 12-14: THE BEAUTIFUL OGRE AND OTHER FAIRY TALES (ten-minute play), Open Space Arts, Reisterstown, Maryland.
* August 5-13: DEATH BY POINSETTIA (one-act), Artists Exchange, Cranston, Rhode Island.
* August 6: THE TALE OF THE WHALE (one-act), Historic North Theatre, Danville, Virginia.
* Sept. 4: PRETTY LITTLE WHITE LIES (very short play), Starcropolis festival, Roanoke, Virginia.
* Sept. 8-10, 15-17: LITTLE SUGAR (five-minute play), Asphalt Jungle Shorts, Kitchener, Ontario.
* Sept. 30, Oct. 1-2: THE PICTURE WINDOW (ten-minute play), North Park Playwrights Festival, North Park Vaudeville and Candy Shoppe, San Diego, California.
* Nov. 6-9: A CHALKBOARD SCRIBBLED IN BLOOD (very short play), Rabbit’s Riot Theatre Company, Sligo, Ireland on 6-8, Manorhamilton, Ireland on the 9th.
* Nov. 9-19: THE RECRUITER (five-minute play), Cone Man Running Festival, Obsidian Theatre, Houston, Texas.